26 October 2008

A fridge that doesn't want to go

A few days before I go from my house, I managed to sell a few items on eBay such as a mattress, a microwave, old PS2, ... But the only thing left: ze fridge!
My neighbours didn't need a fridge as they already had one and even though they were interested, they were short of money. D day is there and the fridge is still in da house. Damn it!
Not losing control, I head to the white goods shop ... they don't want it because it is not under warranty anymore (it is damn newer than any shit they have).
Then I go to cash converter on high st (50m away from my house) ... they don't take fridges, only mini bar fridge. Grrrrrrr !!! ok ok , Nico calm down.
Another alternative is the estate agent. Hopefully the next tenant needs a fridge ... nope they don't.
Ok, the guy from cash converter told me earlier that the shop in Preston (2km away) accepts white goods. Good! Finally there, they confirm that. Excellent! But they don't have a truck, and I should bring it to the shop. The problem is that I don't have a car. Fortunately, Gabrielle's colleague has a station wagon. We load the fridge, head to the shop, agree on a price, DEAL ! $200 ! Not much for that fridge, but I just wanted to get rid of it. Now the house is empty I can start the motorbike trip.

1 comment:

Julien said...

Hehe ! Good for you man, you now can leave in peace :)
Keep telling us all your stories (i love funny little ones like today's)
Cheers !