18 June 2009

Flood in the flat

On Wednesday 10th of June, I was woken up at 6.30am by a bubbling noise. Half asleep, I don't bother too much, but as the noise get louder I think I should check this out. As I get up I see water coming through below the bedroom door. OMG !!! Quick in the bathroom ... sewage water is flowing quickly out the toilet and the bathtub. Damn it ! What is happening in here ??!!! I then call urgently Thames Water (the water provider), they are going to send people in the next ... 2 hours!
Within 3h, we had over 1m of sewage water in the basement (3-4 foot). Luckily I was there when it happened, I managed to save most of our belonging. Only a few boxes and bags were damaged, and even Thames Water's insurance will reimburse us for any damage items. And we should get a free rent in our next flat until the repairs complete (within the next 4-6 months). So it's not too bad in the end.

Follow this facebook link to check out the pictures of the flat under water : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=103214&id=669456775&l=39a4145045

1 comment:

Benoit Bernard said...

Sympa ta nouvelle piscine indoor ! Perso j'aurais juste change la couleur de l'eau ... ;-p

Bon, content de voir que tu t'en sors pas si mal que ca au final.

Bon courage pour le demenagement, et n'oublie pas les photos de ta nouvelle maison.

Take care,
B.